|Required Service Hours|
Page 1 of 3
Did you know that the tuition we pay for our children to attend St. Bernard’s School covers only 40% of the cost of educating your child here? It’s true. You may be wondering where the other 60% comes from. We’re fortunate enough to have a Parish that supports some of these costs. The rest, however, comes from the volunteerism and fundraising efforts by our children’s parents through our Home & School Association.
Our Home and School fundraisers bring money into our school to help defer the many costs, which would have to be covered by increased tuition fees if not for the volunteers that make these fundraisers possible. In light of this, and to ensure fairness among all parents, each family with kids in Kindergarten through 5th grade is required to annually contribute 15 hours of volunteer time per school year OR pay $10 per unserved hour up to $150.